Overview of the surgery:
A buttocks lift or butt lift is a cosmetic surgical procedure that is more concerned with improving the tone and contour of the buttock by removing loose, sagging skin from the buttocks. It can be performed as a solo procedure or as part of the total body lift. The best candidates for buttock lift surgery are individuals who have a saggy appearance in the buttock area due to hormonal changes, extreme weight loss or aging and buttock that appears asymmetrical or lumpy due to burns, wounds or other types of trauma.
It requires short incisions made laterally at the top of the buttocks. After the incisions have been made, excess skin and fat is detached from the underlying muscles. The skin is then reshaped and pulled up to the waist over the muscles and drains are placed beneath the skin to remove excess fluid that may delay wound healing. It will then be closed with stitches which are either absorbable or non-absorbable.
Duration of the operation:
Buttock lift surgery usually takes between 3-6 hours
Post operative care:
After the surgery, sterile dressing is applied to the incision site and will be fitted with a compression garment to protect the incisions and reduce swelling and aid in the tightening of the skin after surgery. Patients will experience some swelling and soreness/pain around the surgical areas easily controlled with oral medications. Patients may sit one to two days after surgery on a soft, full pillow, however should avoid sitting for extended periods
The healing process is usually 4-6 months and if fall goes well, bruising and swelling usually subsides within a month. Still it may be weeks before you can sit down without discomfort. Keep in mind that you may have to wait as long as three months before you can exercise, run or engage in any kind of strenuous activity. The foam pads come off in 3-4 days at which time the patient may shower. We recommend continued use of the pillow for approximately 2 weeks. Patient can generally return to work within one week and compression garment must be worn for two to four weeks depending on the extent of the procedure. People generally feel back to normal after approximately four weeks at which time exercise may be started.
Possible risk and complications:
All surgical procedures have risk and complications inherent to the surgery itself. These risks include: infection, as manifested by swelling, tenderness, redness and fever, is an uncommon risk. Hematoma formation (large blood clot in the wound), which is manifested by enlargement and discoloration of tissue, seroma formation (large serum collection in the wound), which is manifested by prolonged swelling,
Capsular contracture (a condition that can occur when thick/ hard connective tissue forms around the implant body, causing hardness, definitive implant edges that can be seen or restrict movement)
The procedure is under general anesthesia.
This procedure may be performed in the cosmetic surgeon’s office-based facility, an outpatient surgery center, or at a hospital. This procedure is usually done on an outpatient basis
Preparation before surgery:
- Assessment of the medical history (any allergies, serious medical condition and all medications taken both prescribed and non-prescribed), physical examination, and laboratory tests will be performed during consultation.
- Blood and urine samples will be collected for routine preoperative laboratory tests.
- Smoking must be avoided for about 3-4 weeks prior to surgery, as nicotine interferes with circulation and will greatly affect healing process.
- You will likely to be asked to stop drinking alcohol, a week before the surgery and throughout your recovery period.
- Avoid taking any medications such as hormones, anticoagulants, anabolic steroids and supplements at least 4-6 weeks to prevent complicating medical factors prior to surgery. Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding.
For more information about the procedures you may contact International Marketing Coordinator: email@example.com or call mobile phone: +66816572522, Tel: (662) 753-9206